As part of the 2017 Frankie Month initiative, we put together these values that were true for Frankie and continue to be true for us at the Frankie Manning Foundation.
2019 update – would you like to translate these values into another language? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate. Thank you to Pavel Haderach from Smolensk, Russia for the idea!
Like Frankie Manning himself, we value:
- Having fun dancing the Lindy hop
- Historic authenticity in Lindy hop dancing and music
- Improvisation and continued innovation
- Close relationship between the music and the dance
- Maintaining a true community among dancers
- Mutual respect and cooperation
- Inclusivity (diverse backgrounds: geographic, ethnic, socio-economic, age, ability, LGBTQ, gender roles, etc.)
- Outreach and welcome to newcomers
- Excellence, which can be encouraged through friendly competition